Tuesday 30 January 2007

Technical Difficulties

P/L since last blog: £37.70
Monthly P/L:
£298.40

This past weekend should've been a good one for trading with three televised FA Cup games but after switching on my laptop before Luton-Blackburn I discovered my Internet was down. Blackburn went on to dominate and this would've guaranteed me a profit. After speaking to an NTL 'Technical Support' representative whose lack of knowledge of English was only matched by his lack of technical knowledge I arranged for an engineer to come to sort it on Tuesday morning.
I watched the Man Utd-Portsmouth game at a mates house and managed to trade on it. Although this is where my 37.70 profit came from I wish I hadn't traded it. I felt that United would destroy Portsmouth within the first half, but after 2 disallowed goals and a 0-0 scoreline I was staring a big loss in the face and was in two minds whether to stay in or leave taking a big loss. The longer I hung on the more certain I was United would score but with less than fifteen minutes left I could've lost a lot. Fortunately Ferguson bought on some chubby scouser who managed to knock one in and I cut and ran straight away. I didn't really care about the win, and was more relieved that I'd avoided the loss.
Still feeling a bit dodgy after the United game I decided just to watch Chelsea-Nottingham Forest without trading and enjoy the match.
Anyway the engineer came this morning and sorted my broadband so might trade West Ham-Liverpool tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you got any plans in place for when an underdog takes the lead? From what I understand this is where the FCG is most likely to fail.

Don't mean to sound pessimistic, but there are a lot of people on the betfair forums who've come on saying how great the FCG is, then realise after a few games, that if it was that easy, everyone would have become millionaires a long time ago!

Or perhaps you're using a system to identify the games you're trading on (which may work...)

Clive said...

Hi Anonymous,
Thanks for posting a comment. I was going to address this issue in my next blog entry at the end of the month (and question whether I have just had a bit of beginners luck this month). I haven't really had a situation where this has been an issue yet (I think it may have happened in the Man Utd-Newcastle when Newcastle scored first but in this case I just waited and Man Utd scored soon after).
I tend to trade on games which I believe there will be early goals given the past form of the teams, but I have no specific system which I follow.