Wednesday 31 January 2007

End of first month

P/L since last blog: £42.20
Monthly P/L:
£320.60

After messing up on the Liverpool game by leaving the game too early I was hoping for profits of both the Man Utd and Chelsea games tonight. I didn't have long to wait and traded out after the first goal in both matches (both fairly early in the first half) for a profit that neutralised yesterdays loss, increased my bank and gave me plenty of time to catch the second half of the Arsenal-Tottenham match in the pub.

Its been a month since I started trading and its been brilliant so far with over £300 profit. I've traded 23 games and made profit on 19 of them. The games I've lost money on have been:
Aston Villa-Chelsea - Lost money because I didn't cover 0-0 and hung on for Chelsea goal far too long.
Tottenham-Newcastle - Got out at half time because I had things to do.
Man City-Sheffield Wed - Messed about with Bet Angel and placed bet accidentally
West Ham-Liverpool -
Got out at half time because I had things to do.

So from the 4 I can put the first error down to inexperience (since then I have covered 0-0's so that any losses are cut down), the Man City match down to being stupid, and the other two because I didn't give myself time to trade the whole match (both had goals before the 60th minute). So I could really have avoided (or cut down) losses on all of the games if I had been more sensible.
That said the only 0-0 that I traded on all month was the Villa-Chelsea game so I probably did get a bit lucky with my choice of games.

So why is noone else doing this??
The majority of other trading blogs I've read have said they avoid football, or trade on overs and unders to make their profits.

Have I just got lucky? Someone posted a comment on this blog the other day asking if I have system for choosing the games that I trade on. The answer is not really. I try to trade games with Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc who are likely to score in the first half and unlikely to lose their lead. So far this has worked better than expected.
But, as I have only been doing this for a month, I am far from being experienced and would appreciate any links to other blogs/forums where people have made (or lost) money from using this system just so that I can know what I am letting myself in for. Any feedback is welcome.

But as they say 'Make hay while the sun shines' which I intend to do for the time being and look forward to another profitable month in February.

I'm not about this coming weekend so trading will have to be put on hold for a bit, but with plenty of internationals next week hopefully the month will get off to a good start.

2 comments:

Mark Iverson said...

Great effort in January mate - fingers crossed for Feb!

Mark Iverson said...

What...no updates?

I hope it hasn't gone wrong for you mate

Mark