Sunday 11 February 2007

Bad Start to February

P/L since last blog: £47.66
Monthly P/L:
£47.66

After not trading last weekend because I was away I was planning on trading the midweek international friendlies, but for various reasons didn't in the end. On reflection this was a good choice. The previous weekend had very few early goals (Liverpool-Everton ended 0-0 and the Arsenal match had late scorers, but Manchester Utd match on Sunday would've worked out well for me) and the two Tuesday games that I had my eye on (Wales-Ireland and Brazil-Portugal) would have also dented my bank (I wouldn't have traded Wednesday anyway as wanted to enjoy the England match - although after the way we played I may as well have traded!).
I had planned on trading on the usual suspects on yesterday which would've given me a good start to February with Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool all going a goal ahead before half time. However after heavy night on Friday and the distraction of the six nations I didn't trade on any of them.
So my first trade of February came in today's Arsenal-Wigan match and proved disastrous. Arsenal seemed to have a host of chances but couldn't convert anything and then Heskey knocked one in for Wigan. With the odds on a draw plummeting I waited until just after half time before leaving with a heavy loss. The game is still in play as I write this, so I don't know whether I've made the right decision or not. There doesn't seem to be too many good games this week, apart from the FA cup midweek replays, but both of these could go the wrong way on current form.
Next weekend the FA Cup fifth round starts with a number of televised games, and so this should give me an opportunity to claw back from a bad start to the month and put myself back in the green.

No comments: