Thursday 15 February 2007

Euro Victory

P/L since last blog: £39.49
Monthly P/L:
£8.17

With there being no European matches in January, I decided to use tonights Zulte-Waregem - Newcastle game as my first venture into Europe. It was shown on Channel 5 and when the first half ended 0-0 I could see another loss on the cards trading wise, despite Newcastle being the by far the better team.
Fortunately an early own goal by the Belgians put me into an all green position but I decided to wait a bit and try to maximise my profits from the game. With the odds on a draw starting to level out I took my eye off the game to bet back on the draw. The minute I submitted my bet Newcastle were awarded a penalty and all betting was suspended before my bet could be matched. Once Martins had knocked it in I traded out straight away for a brilliant profit, which virtually cancels out Saturdays loss, and sets me up for a hopefully very profitable FA Cup weekend.

No comments: