Tuesday 27 February 2007

Clawing it back

P/L since last blog: £12.34
Monthly P/L:
£196.41

OK. After my last blog entry I felt like a real idiot. Nearly wiping out my entire trading profit in one game. I know it taught me a lesson but I'd still rather have the profit!
I got back into trading on the following Tuesday night with the televised Man Utd - Lille game, but again nothing was going my way. I got out shortly after half time and had my fingers crossed for a 0-0. But Giggs' controversial free kick put an end to that idea. Still hoping Lille's appeal against it is held up to see if I can get a refund from Betfair!
This was the first time I'd lost money on back to back games and I was feeling very pessimistic about my trading future. I always said that if my profit drops back down to break even point I'll get out -something obviously wouldn't be working and I'm not stupid enough to risk my own money.
I sat out the weekend's games because of the distraction of the six nations and the fact I wasn't feeling too well.

So mentally I was preparing tonights Reading - Man Utd game (the replay of the game where I made my mistakes) to be my last game. It was televised and so depending on the way the game looked I was ready to ride on the 0-0 until the odds dropped to my overall break even point before getting out and writing my last blog entry on this page.
But before the majority of fans at the Madejski had taken their seat Man Utd were one nil up and I was looking at a profit. I wasn't going to make the same mistake as before and prepared to trade out for a small profit. As I was working out how to maximise this they added a second and was relieved that I hadn't got round to submitting my bet. And then it happened again! The 'Suspended' watermark had barely been removed when they banged in a third and I was looking at a guaranteed £40 profit. I traded out and am currently feeling very happy.
The win barely starts to make a dent on the red figure for the month but shows that I can still win money on games. I won't be about to trade any games tomorrow so February ends on a high despite nearly 200 quid loss for the month. Overall profit for the year is currently standing at around the 120 pound mark, and my goal for March is to clean up the mess made this month.

No comments: