Wednesday 14 March 2007

Back on track

P/L since last blog: £18.46
Monthly P/L:
£3.68

I'm back in profit for the month after last weeks terrible run of Champions league games. It should be much bigger but for a screw up on yesterdays cricket world cup opener between West Indies and Pakistan. I'd watched England's two warm up matches to get a feel for how the games would pan out and I was fairly confident of securing a tidy profit over the course of the tournament. But I took my eye off the ball yesterday and was made to pay big time for my over expectancy of what Pakistan's middle order could do. With Yousuf, Inzamam and Akmal losing their wickets in the space of 20 runs I was staring a big loss in the face. I took it in the knowledge that there are going to be plenty more games for me to make it back on over the next month and a half.
I made a small profit on today's Kenya - Canada match and it could've been a bit more but I played it safe after yesterdays match.
My next port of call was deciding on a football match to trade. I only fancied doing one and it was a choice between Man City - Chelsea, Aston Villa - Arsenal and Tottenham - Braga. Because of all the press speculation about Stuart Pearce's job at Man City I could see him getting a good performance from his players in response so decided to give that one a miss. I decided to avoid the Arsenal match too because I find Aston Villa a bit too unpredictable under Martin O'Neill. So I decided to trade the Tottenham game.
After 24 minutes of Tottenham dominance Huddlestone scored an own goal and I was kicking myself for trading the game, especially with both Chelsea and Arsenal being 1-0 up already. However I kept the faith and soon they were back on level terms and then Berbatov added his second to put them in the lead. I got out of my initial trades at half time for a profit. However Tottenham were really looking good so I put some more money on the overs/unders which had done well for me last week, expecting Tottenham to get a couple more in the second half. When Braga scored again it was a shock but good for me, as Tottenham pushed for a winner and soon got it securing me a profit of over £70 for the game.
I'm happy with today's results, but disappointed with yesterday. The Ireland - Zimbabwe match tomorrow in the cricket could prove to be interesting so I might have a look at that if I get the chance. Hopefully I will have learnt from my mistakes and be able to secure a nice profit from it.

No comments: