Sunday 18 March 2007

Finished

I started trading on Betfair back in January. Through that month I made over £300 profit and thing were going brilliantly. In February I lost a bit on a Man Utd game but was still in profit overall for the year. Since then I have made and lost small amounts, but have constantly making small profit overall. However its just too awkward to trade games when you haven't got them in front of you - and seeing as I haven't got Sky Sports this is most games!

I also realised that I wasn't enjoying watching football anymore - if I was trading on it I was always keeping an eye on the odds rather than the game, and if I wasn't trading and there was an early goal then I was annoyed that I missed an oppurtunity to make a profit.

So I've decided to stop this whole thing (or put it on hold until I get round to buying Sky Sports at least!). I've had 2 and a half months of ups and downs, but at the end of the day I've come out with a profit so there have been more ups than downs.

If anyone wants to read a similar blog, or is thinking about actually trading on Betfair take a look at Mark's blog here. He's the guy who showed me how Betfair works in the first place and is a lot more professional in his approach to it than I have been!

Good luck to anyone who does trade on Betfair - I've shown that money can be made from it but its just not for me anymore. I've just withdrawn my funds from my account and I'm sure I'll find a way to waste the money I've made soon! My account is still open on there so never say never - keep your eyes peeled and I might be back writing this blog in the future.

1 comment:

Mark Iverson said...

Nevermind Clive....I'm sure you'll be back!

At least you didn't end up seeing a shrink!

Mark