Monday 12 March 2007

A down and up week

P/L since last blog: £38.16
Monthly P/L:
£14.78

I haven't had a lot of time to update the blog recently for various reasons but it has been quite a busy week trading. It began with the Champions League games on Tuesday and Wednesday - I had planned on only doing one each night but on both occasions decided to trade two - Liverpool v Barcelona, Chelsea v Porto, Man Utd v Lille, and AC Milan v Celtic. Anyway I soon regretted that as I lost money on all of them to set myself up for a big loss.
After that I decided to sit out Thursdays Newcastle game and was soon kicking myself as they took a 3-0 lead within the half hour. I traded a bit towards the end of the game getting in and out for a small profit and then repeated the tactic for the late Tottenham game. This worked a treat and I made back £25 - bearing in mind this was the first time I had actually done 'in-play' trading rather than just laying the draw I was quite happy.
Saturday bought the Six Nations and normally I would have left this alone, but decided to have a look and trade small stakes, which again worked very well. I made another decent profit on the Wales and Ireland games. Man Utd - Middlesbrough made me more profit on Saturday evening, but this was reduced by the Chelsea - Tottenham match on Sunday.
So, had I left the Champions League alone I would've been looking at a profit of over £50 for the week, but at the same time if I had left it alone I probably wouldn't have touched the rugby.
I don't have a brilliant knowledge of rugby tactics but by trading small, low risk stakes I was able to make a nice profit from it and this might provide me with another source of trading in future as the odds tend to fluctuate more often than in football, allowing me to get out of any difficulties I may find myslef in!
Next Saturdays off limits for trading because its St Patricks day and the day England reclaim the Six Nations (can never be too optimistic!) so its a day on the Guinness and away from trading. I might have a dabble on the midweek football and hopefully put myself back in the green for the month.

No comments: