Monday 5 March 2007

Slowly but surely...

P/L since last blog: £3.78
Monthly P/L:
£23.38

Well a profit is better than a loss I suppose. I was in two minds whether to trade tonights Championship game between Preston and Southampton but decided to go for it about a minute after kick off. Preston were favourites before the game and I was hoping for an early goal from them to leave with a profit. However the weather at Deepdale was awful which made play difficult and Preston were never really in it during the first half with Southampton making (and missing) a host of chances. However on the stroke of half time Preston took the lead against the run of play. Because Southampton had dominated and were looking strong the odds didn't go up on the draw as much as I'd have liked, but I wasn't going to hang around and risk a profit no matter how small as Southampton seemed like the much stronger team. I got out during half time for the small profit and was proved right when Southampton soon equalised in the second half. Preston went on to win comfortably but by that time I had switched off my laptop and left with the win.
Champions league tomorrow and Wednesday so I'm hoping to trade the Chelsea - Porto game tomorrow and AC Milan - Celtic on Wednesday both of which were draws from the first leg so hopefully the home team will be looking to close out the game early in both cases.

1 comment:

Mark Iverson said...

I noticed you're getting more and more hits to your blog - can you put a link to my site on there?

Cheers!

Mark